Easter Bliss

Tuesday 1 August 2017

Crafts Galore Encore August 2017

Sorry I haven't been around much lately but I've been having too much fun with family and friends. I hope you've all been keeping well while I've been busy. Today I have a card to show you that I made
for our August challenge on the
Thank you to everyone who joined in with July's challenge. The winners are on the challenge blog's 'winner's page'. This is a month long challenge and you can enter up to three times. A full list of rules are on the challenge blog.
Our theme every month is the popular
"Anything Goes"

Our sponsor this month is:
Beccy's Place
who is offering one digi set to the winner.

I have made an 8"x 8" (20cm x 20cm) card.

I created the background by adding texture paste through a stonework stencil on mixed media card. Once dried I painted it with a soft yellow acrylic then lightly brushed over the texture paste in pale grey. I painted the edges of another piece of card in brown acrylic and matted the yellow card on top.

We were allowed to chose one of Beccy's fabulous images and I chose The Old Well. I coloured it with Copics before trimming and scruffing the edges. I printed a sentiment and fixed them both to the card with foam pads.

I embellished the card with fabric flowers, polystyrene baubles, and bamboo sticks.

Now please visit the  Crafts Galore Encore challenge blog to see the wonderful projects and cards created by the rest of the talented team and to enter your "Anything Goes" creations.



19 comments:

  1. Hi Andree, what a beautiful card. Love the image and the baubles, flowers and bamboo sticks on the side just set it off perfectly.Hugs Pam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow what a stunning card, love love love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Andree, love the image and beautiful embellishments.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and looks so realistic Andree! Stunning detail!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis is really beautiful, love it! GReat design xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card. Beautiful design xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning colouring, love your flowers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Andree, those embellishments are just fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Andree
    I absolutely love all the delicate detail of this card and your background is lush! Super gorgeous project. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card Andrée. Your flowers are stunning. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really interesting card - so many techniques and mediums have gone into creating it. Bet it took ages Andree - but worth it! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Andrée, your colouring is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully coloured image, love the textured background and detail on the card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not surprise you chose that image, it's just lovely. You've made such a beautiful, evocative card using it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Andree, What a beautiful card you have created. Love the background the wishing well looks gorgeous. Hope you and the family are keeping well. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous card, love the flowers and the wishing well. Lovely background!

    Nicola ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great creation Andree. Fab cardvx

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x