Easter Bliss

Saturday 11 February 2017

Dreamcatcher Canvas

Welcome everyone. I hope you are all enjoying a nice weekend. The weather has turned very cold here in our little corner of Wales so I've been spending my time indoors crafting.
Ever since I got some Snip Art feathers in one of my fabulous Craft Box collections I've wanted to use them for a dreamcatcher.

This is an 8"x 8" (20 x 20 cm) canvas. I first applied a layer of gesso with a palette knife then I added some fluid acrylics in turquoise and teal. The third layer is crackle paste. Once that was dry I used a stencil and texture paste in the bottom left corner. Next came the fun with sprays and pigment powders in teal, blue and brown.

I made my own dreamcatcher. I cut the hoop from thick card, coloured it with Distress Inks and punched holes around it. I used gold embroidery thread to create the web, adding beads as I went along. I left three tails to attach the feathers. 
Behind the dreamcatcher is a heart cut from corrugated card that was painted with brown acrylics and randomly stamped with silver Frantage. I added a few layers of cheesecloth over the top and used paints and pigment powders to dull the bright white.

I finger painted the feathers in pale turquoise and teal acrylics then I added some Frantage. I darkened the edges with Distress Ink. I threaded some beads onto the gold thread before attaching the feathers.

The wooden butterfly was painted and Frantaged before I added a watch cabochon and some gears from Craft Box. The sentiment is also from Craft Box and was heat embossed in white. The heart locket and tiny key are also courtesy of Craft Box.
I really enjoyed putting this canvas together as it had been in my head for quite a while. I hope you've enjoyed looking at it.

I'd like to enter this project in the following challenges:

22 comments:

  1. Hi Andree this is a stunning canvas I love the dreamcatcher. Have a wonderful weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of colour and detail Andree. Love this stunning canvas!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just an amazing piece. Love the colors and the dream catcher you have created. The feathers are fabulous. Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning creation Andree. I love all the textures and especially the dream catcher with the golden threads. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is stunning Andree, love the textures and wonderful colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Andree. Love the colour scheme and those little details. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous canvas Andree, love the design. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Andree what a stunning canvas, I love the texture s and crackle, colours,,, I totally love it... Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever idea matching the dream catcher with the sentiment. beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning project Andrée, beautiful colour scheme. I am always inspired by your mixed media pieces. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. great project Andree, love the background and the dream catcher. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your canvas - the gold embroidery thread is so effective and lovely colour choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow..your canvas is stunning..love all the textures,colour palette and embellishing, truly a work of art...
    Fab entry for our challenge this months at Rhedds Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a delightful combination of both colour and texture. Thanks for joining in with Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow! I LOVE this! Utterly gorgeous. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh I love your dreamcatcher. So eye catching. I'm glad I stopped by as your beautiful canvas has two of the 3 requirements for my current butterfly challenge should you choose to enter. Namely a butterfly and paper pieRcing (the holes on your dream catcher count). Quite a few people misread the challenge as paper piecing! Love to see you Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, how wonderful these are. I adore all the embellishments, wording and the gorgeous dreamy colours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow fabulous canvas's love the designs
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just popping back in to say I still adore this, and thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics this month. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  21. The physical manifestation of your vision is stunning!
    Thanks for joining Eclectic Ellapu’s February challenge!

    -DT NieNie

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x