Easter Bliss

Sunday 13 December 2015

A Layered Christmas

I can't believe how quickly this month is rolling by. Everything seems to be geared up for just the one day but we also have five family birthdays this month so there is extra crafting and shopping to do. I hope you are all up to date with your preparations. I'm still chasing my tail trying to get everything ready in time, but, just to prove that I have been crafting I have a card to show today.
This is a card I made for a crafty American friend. She has received it now so I can show it.

I cut panels of plain card in decreasing sizes and layered them up. I tattered the edges with scissors and spread them out to make a card that fits in an 8"x 8" envelope. The papers are from Heartfelt Creations and Papermania

I added hessian ribbon, lace and green wired ribbon across the front of the card. This adorable little girl is IMG392  from Sherri Baldy. I coloured her with my Copics and cut round her before mounting on foam pads.

I used Marianne dies for the poinsettias and ferns and a Memory Box die for the bells. I tied more of the wired ribbon in a bow and finished the card with some gold gems. I'm pleased to say that the card was well received.
I'd better get back to my preparations now but I'll be back to show more of my recent crafting soon.
I've entered this card in the following challenges:
http://scrapbookstampsocietychallengeblog.blogspot.nl/2015/12/challenge-81-anything-goes-option.html DT Winner
http://meetatthescrapperscorner.blogspot.co.nz/2015/12/1st-of-december-my-besties-meet-at.html DT Favourite
http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/1st-december-2015-world-wide-open.html x

29 comments:

  1. Wow this is stunning Andree!! So many wonderful layers of festive Christmas patterns! I love the red and green for the holidays and your poinsettias are just gorgeous! Beautiful image too! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Andree this is absolutely stunning! I love the layers and beautiful image. I am not surprised your friend loved it too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautifully constructed card Andree, the layers are fab and the image is gorgeous. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Andree. Lovely rich colours and layers. Love it.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Andree this is stunning I love everything about it. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Andree. Fab attention to detail xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous.
    Thank you for entering My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just fabulous.
    Thank you for entering the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Please note: We will be holding the "Champions of Champions" DT Challenge in March 2016 for all of the winners from all categories
    from these monthly challenges throughout the year.
    Annette DT Leader for the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge Group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1608194249429483/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Andree. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, I do adore Sherri Baldy images. Gorgeous details. Please drop by the SSS Challenge blog and enter your card if you haven't already. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous thank you so much for joining us at My besties meet at the scrappers corner
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just beautiful Thank you for joining us at the WWODTC
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is stunning Andree so much gorgeous detail.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love the colours and layout on this card - gorgeous! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Welcome again and Good Luck!Gr.Kaija Dt-member

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow what a gorgeous card so much detail. Thank you for sharing it with us over at My Bestie Meet at the Scrappers Corner Challenge. Good luck with your entry. Hugs Andrea DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love her, and your colour scheme is soo Christmas. Thanks for joining us at the WWODT challenge. Good luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow it's gorgeous. I love it.
    Thank you for joining us at my Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner
    Hugs Hester

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous project! Thanks for joining us over here at My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner.
    Good Luck!
    Eleonora DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! I love all the colors and layers.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Meet At The Scrappers Corner Looking forward to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Tina
    MATSC DT
    Toadally Love To Craft {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely Stunning Card Andree I love all the differnt layers...

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your project thank you for joining us at My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner Challenge, good luck with your entry.
    Carla DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good Luck and hope to see you again

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a Gorgeous card! I Love all the layers that you used! Thank you for joining our Challenge over at My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner! Mindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a wonderful creation and perfect for our 19th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ Challenge with a Besties Image’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck. Wishing you a blessed festive season.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  26. so beautiful!! Thanks for linking up with us at My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner. DT Twila

    ReplyDelete
  27. waow, very nice.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapbook Stamp Society.
    Greetings Geesje

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x