Easter Bliss

Friday 9 October 2015

HAPPY EVENT!!

I can finally announce the happy event that has blessed our family and is the reason for my recent partial absence. We are now the proud grandparents of another beautiful grandson - as yet unnamed. He was finally born on the evening of October 7th, after a 10 day delay, to my middle daughter Elisha and her husband Tim.
Here is a little nightlight I made for his nursery. 

As Elisha and Tim have a gorgeous Bichon Frisé and have decorated the nursery with dog images I wanted to stay with the theme. I drew the Bichon image, traced it to have two dogs, and lightly shaded both copies with grey Copics. I then cut them out.

I again used an empty gravy tub and covered it with a fun paper from the Kraftyhands Cute Kittens and Puppies CD. I then cut out two circles and lined the tub with another of the papers that I had printed onto vellum. I made frames for the circles using X-cut dies.

I added the two Bichons and embellished the tub with lace, buttons and bows.

I printed an image of a cute Yorkie - who looks like my dog - from the same CD for the top of the tub. The nightlight is lit by a battery operated LED light that fits neatly inside.

Me with the gorgeous newest addition to our family.

Congratulations Elisha and Tim, we are so very proud of you and know you will be fantastic parents.
I've made a few more items to celebrate our grandson's birth that I will show soon. Have a great weekend everyone. I know I will.

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations Andree, I am over the moon for you and your family. He is a little cutie. A beautiful night light too and love the cute dog.
    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute nightlight and congrats on the new grandson. Hes soo beautiful. Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many congratulations to you and the family Andree. Such a beautiful baby and a wonderful creation.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andree, many congratulations to you all, he is absolutely gorgeous and a fabulous nightlight . Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Andree, He is a little cutie, congratulations to you all. Love the nightlight, looks fabulous. Have a good weekend.

    Jade xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous photo Andree and a beautiful and cute project
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congratulations, your new grandson looks gorgeous! I love the nightlight too, a great addition to his nursery. Love, Denyse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andree CONGRATULATIONS hun, he is beautiful and gorgeous pictures of a very proud Nan, your night lite is beautiful it will look lovely in his bedroom.Have a lovely weekend .
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, he is adorable!

    Your night-light is lovely, such pretty colours too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh he is just adorable, Sis, what a super picture of you both, and I love his little nightlight, he will have it as a treasure forever, love and hugs to you all Sis xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a stunning creation!!! I love the nightlight, too - LOL! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Andree what a gorgeous night light you have created. I love the photos of you with your new grandson. Congratulations to all your family. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Huge congrats and your project is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Huge congratulations Andree, you must be so proud he is simply adorable, as is his new night light. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful night light! Congratulations on the birth of your grandson. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations to you all Andree, he's just gorgeous & the night lights alright too! Lol!
    Delighted to hear your happy news!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwww Congratulations Andree on the birth of your new Grandson, he's a handsome wee boy!! Love your night light it's fab, what a great idea!!
    Hugs Donna xxx
    Kraftyscot Handmade Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x