Easter Bliss

Sunday 10 August 2014

New Home and Frame

Today I would like to show you a card and present I recently made for a friend on the event of her moving into her new home by the seaside.
I used elements from the Ahoy There! range from Docrafts, including some Creativity Club downloads for both projects.


I fussy cut all the elements and strengthened them with Modge Podge before fixing them onto the card with foam pads. The image was a royalty free internet picture that I've had for a while. 


I added some red netting (from a punnet of peaches) and a ceramic starfish attached with jump rings.


The sentiment postcard was computer generated and I made the lifesaver ring from a couple of circle dies.

I used some of the leftover elements to decorate a plain white wooden frame.


The shells are all from one of the Docrafts Creativity Club downloads and I created the sentiment on the computer.


The other elements are all fussy cut from the Ahoy There! paper collection. The fish paper can be replaced with a lovely photo.

I'm pleased to say that the card and frame were well received by my friend and she is settling in nicely to her new home by the seaside.

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely love both your card and frame, Andree, and I can categorically state that they are even better in the flesh! They are so beautiful and I'm wondering where you bought them from, lol. :P

    They really are incredible craftmanship and there is so much life and texture...and fabulous attention to detail. Love, love, love them just as I love, love, love my new home on this wonderful, wonderful island! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Andree, I am sure your friend will love them.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Andree and these are just stunning really delightful hun love your work hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky friend, Sis, and a fabulous frame I adore these papers, I think they are nearly my favourite from Do crafts. Hugs and have a fabulous day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andree, what a lovely card and present for your friend, just right for someone living beside the seaside, beside the sea!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and my parents would adore these (especially as they live by the sea). Love the clever use of the netting on your first card. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous. What a lovely card and present to receive x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andree, Wow such a beautiful card and present. Am sure your friend loved them. Love the colours and the design.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure your seaside friend was just thrilled with both of these. They are perfect for the occasion. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant, your friend will love them.. Great design, Px

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card and frame - great gift for someone special.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andree your friend is going to treasure your beautiful seaside card and the frame is just stunning. Love the vintage feel to these as well.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x