Easter Bliss

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Elisha's G45 Birthday Card

Yesterday was my middle daughter's birthday. She is 215 miles away so I didn't get to see her but I will be travelling up to her this weekend for her hen party.
I recently treated myself to some Graphic 45 papers, and, as Elisha is a big fan of fashion, I thought the Couture papers would be perfect for her birthday card.

I started with an 8"x 8" card blank and covered it with black card. I matted a striped paper and attempted some faux stitching round the edges.

I cut round one of the larger elements on a page and removed certain sections of the image with a craft knife. I then matted it onto red card. I doubled over some velvet ribbon and added a large gem to create a bow effect.

I tucked feathers and pearl sprays behind a metal corner and added a ribbon off-cut and a resin rose. I looped a string of pearls across the bottom section of the card.

I tied a triple bow from seam binding and distressed it before adding some twine and a resin rose. I finished the card with another metal corner and some pearls on the images.
I'm pleased to say that Elisha loved her card and enjoyed her birthday.
I have been having a lot of fun with my new papers and hope to show you more over the coming weeks.

16 comments:

  1. gorgeous vintage card Andree love it.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Andree I am sur your daughter loved it, lots of lovely detail and lovely design.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burlimey! This is fabulous...you've been taking your meds, haven't you? Lol. It really is very beautiful and it's not surprising Elisha loved it. Belated Happy Birthday to Elisha!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous Andree, love the different images and embellishments - belated birthday wishes to Elisha - enjoy the hen party! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh Ab Fab I bet she loves it :) weather here is lovely for a change xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a stunner Andree really delicious so much texture - love G45 u did a great job hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure Elisha loves this special card, I hope you all have a lovely (Hen Party) Weekend xxx (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The card is lovely and truly great for someone into fashion so I know she will love it. Have a fun visiting. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is gorgeous Andree, love the fine details and layout. Am sure your daughter will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have an Alisha too. Hope she had a fab day. Great card. xx
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning Andree, I am sure she loved it. Enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is exquisite!! So much details - love the colours and the embellishments - great project!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. An amazing card Andree. Think I'm cracking up though. I read she is 215 and then I stopped for some reason. I did read it properly after I realised I was being a bit of a dope. Really lovely anyway, I bet she loved it x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the detail, Andree -beautifully designed card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Stunningly gorgeous, wonderful colours and beautiful image used...everything matches beautifully...Love your inspirational blog so have now joined as a new follower...♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x