Easter Bliss

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Monochrome Jasper

I made this card for my Father in Law's birthday using the Jasper stamp from Kanban. I wanted to produce a monochrome card for this month's challenge for Emma's Crafty Challenge at
http://www.emmascardsuk.com/p/emmas-crafty-challenge_06.html and thought my idea for the birthday card would fit the bill.


I started with an 8"x8" base and covered the front with silver mirri. I created the backing paper by inking a sheet of super smooth with Memento London Fog and stamping elements from the Jasper stamp set. I trimmed it and fixed it to the card.


I stamped Jasper in London Fog and used grey and black Promarkers to "colour" him. I embellished the card with die cut cogs from Donna Salazar and some twill I coloured black. The silver buttons and black faux brads are waste from the cogs.

12 comments:

  1. oh wow this is stunning, i have these stamps and have never used them :/ , you have done a fab job love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kay this is stunning and what a great use of the colours and the cogs.. hope he loved your work
    Franx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ican't believe this is my first visit to your blog, Andree. And a gorgeous blog it is!
    What a card! You've done an amazing job with that colouring!!!
    Anneke xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant, i love everything about it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really stunning, a fab image and your colouring is excellent, love those cogs too
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andree this is absolutely awesome!!! I just LOVE this card and that stamp I soooooooo want it. The cogs are fabulous too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andree this is brill - I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning.... I love that image x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, love it! Thanks for joining us at Emma's Crafty Challenge, NJ X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Absolute stunner. So so clever. Love the cogs. Love it all. So jealous of your colouring. Well done Andree. You've such a great talent girl xx

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x