Easter Bliss

Thursday 19 April 2012

Second New Home Card

As soon as I saw this topper from Hunkydory, I knew my young Grandson would love it, so, I made this card for him when he and his Daddy moved to a new house. I chose the image because he loves cats and had to leave his behind. As the card was for a boy, I didn't want to highlight the pink from the image, so I picked out the red for the embellishments.


I started with my usual 8"x8" card blank and printed off a backing paper from Polkadoodles Pretty Sweet CD with the roses that seemed to match so well with the image. I layered that onto red Hunkydory silk art card. I matted and layered the image with the same red card and piece of yellow card. I used Spellbinder dies for all the red embellishments and a Marianne die for the leaves. The flowers were coloured to match and the sentiment created with MCS. Needless to say, my Grandson loved his card.

2 comments:

  1. aww cute, love the colours, and that border is fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so cute Andree! I am loving the pussy cat on the chair. Love the papers and the dies look fabulous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x