Easter Bliss

Saturday 21 April 2012

Emma's Crafty Challenge # 3

This is my entry for Emma's 3rd Crafty Challenge. The theme is CHOCOLATE (yummmmm). When I think of chocolate, I think of a certain brand that uses gorgeous purple foil, hence my choice of colours.


I started with my usual 8"x8" card blank and created layers from a Kanban pearlescent ivory coloured card, a paper from Kanban's Industriana pad and a piece of Hunkydory's Swiss Dots card. I took a length of creamy coloured lace and, using a Promarker, coloured just the centre. I then wound a strip of the lace around the brown card before sticking it down. I tied a bow with the rest of the lace and attached it to the front. I made the "hat pins" from gold wire and some pearlescent beads and tucked them behind the lace.


I adapted the verse and used MCS to print it and a Spellbinder to cut it out and layer it up. The flowers were made using a Crealies die and Hunkydory gold foiled card. A Cheery Lynn die and some pearls finish the card off.
It wasn't until I'd finished this card that I realised that I hadn't used an image as a topper. This was a first for me! I so enjoyed the effect that I will be trying this again.

9 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Andree this is just GORGEOUS! Loving the colours and the lace is beautiful. Good luck in the challenge!!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. Absolutely stunning. Colours are class. Love what you did with the lace - i'm so robbing that tip thank you. The dies and the pearls. Oh so gorgeous. Best of luck with it hun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous - and I love that sentiment!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning.... i'm now following x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really stunning, the lace and the die cuts, flowers and pins all look gorgeous and I love the colours
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good enough to eat, Andree! Love everything about it.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg how yummy is that, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, love it. Thanks for joining us at Emmas Crafty Challenge, NJ X

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW....thats all I can say....totally love it.

    ReplyDelete

I don't usually reply to comments, however, I will answer any questions. So, thank you for taking the time to leave a message x